Robots Meet Humans
Robots Meet Humans
Men and machines are not meant to be mutually exclusive, they are meant to collaborate. That is why cobots were invented: collaborative robots designed to interact with humans in shared spaces.
How far are we going?
Progress in robotics and its relationship with real-world human collaboration have led to the development of cobots that are intrinsically safe, thereby disruptively increasing the number of fields of application. The enormous advantages of hybrid collaborative stations, in terms of flexibility, efficiency and increased quality, are closely tied to the challenges of guaranteeing robot adaptability and human safety.
What is Smart Robots?
Smart Robots is a company that provides synergic human-robot collaboration for factory cobots, through advanced development of artificial perception and robotic reasoning.
Smart Robots has developed a universal device that delivers production efficiency in factories, by enabling the integration of cobots with human activities. The device can map the workspace in real time, to recognize objects, to command the robot to interact with users and adapt to them, and to self-learn new commands through gestures. The next big step for Smart Robots is to certify the product to guarantee the safety of human operators even when cooperating with bulky traditional robots.
What has been achieved?
Smart Robots has achieved many financial, technological and research-related successes:
- Significant partnerships with global leaders in robotics sectors (ABB, Comau, UR, Kawasaki)
- Pilot tests in operational environments and industrial installations.
- Approximately 1 million euros raised from strategic and industrial investors.
- Agreements under discussion to jointly develop and commercialize a product with Comau SpA with a commitment on sales volume for the next five years.
- Numerous awards including ICRA 2017, MIT Best Young Innovators 2017 and Technology Transfer Award finalist at European Robotic Forum 2018; backing by e-Novia’s Enterprises Factory specialized in developing and scaling mobility and smart factory startups.